Arthritis is the first cause of disability in America today, affecting nearly 7 million people. Now one of the most prevalent chronic health problems.
Estimated annual costs for arthritis to Americans is $15 billion in direct medical costs and $49 billion in indirect costs such as lost wages. About 40 million Americans have arthritis, with 24 million of them under the age of 65 years. The expected increase for arthritis by 2020 is 60 million in the U.S. alone.
With is most common over 100 variations of arthritis, osteoarthritis. Is a common degenerative ageing. Deterioration of the cartilage that covers the ends of bones in the common cause of loss of movement as bone rubs against bone. It causes the bones to change shape and muscles to weaken and slow reflexes.
The most common Osteoarthritis occurs in weight-bearing joints. Severe trauma to the joint can accelerate arthritis and sometimes years after initial infection. Effective relievers for a while, but when drugs no longer ease the pain some doctors recommend surgery. Americans will undergo a lower back surgery, knee and hip replacement surgery mostly due to osteoporosis.
Most common joints known as arthritis, an autoimmune disease. In autoimmune diseases, the body’s immune system actually attacks its own tissue. Usually surrounded by a protective tissue called cartilage arthritis synovium which produces fluid that nourishes and lubricates the bones and cartilage.
Arthritis patient immune system produces white blood cells that attack the synovium. This causes inflammation and swelling of painful joints. When joint attacks inflamed synovial, bones, and cartilage causing the muscles around the joint to become too weak to support it properly. Therefore it is chronic inflammation offender who may ultimately damage the cartilage and bones.
One of the most dangerous types of arthritis and disabling arthritis. Joint pain and fatigue fever and inflammation are the first symptoms observed most people. In more serious cases, autoimmune response involves other areas of the body such as the heart, lungs, kidneys or liver.
Gout is characterized by Mono sodium uric crystals in the joints or tissues. Usually occurs in patients suffering from 30 to 50 years after many years of eating more foods rich in purine diet. When the kidneys cannot remove excess production of uric acid from the body, build levels cause the needle like crystals in the joints.
This painful disease mostly attacks small joints. The frequency of acute attacks of gout suffix usually increases over time. A diet of fatty protein rich foods, excessive alcohol consumption and obesity are factors of gout attacks.
It’s important to play an active role in the prevention and treatment of joint damage. There are many steps you can take to lower your risk for arthritis, as well as physical therapy to help reduce inflammation and other symptoms.
Conventional treatment includes the use of analgesics, anti-inflammatory drugs. While these drugs are often useful in the alleviation of pain, they may accelerate the degeneration of articular surfaces, which destroys the ability of the body repair the cartilage. Several thousand patients are admitted to hospital each year for complications associated with anti-inflammatory drugs.
Now that you understand that control inflammation is the biggest step in the fight against arthritis-here are my secret weapons arthritis:
- To avoid eggplants, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, wheat, corn, beef, pork, eggs and dairy products and fried foods and sugar products, refined carbohydrates and foods high in gluten, which tends to intensify inflammation.
- Foods to eat foods high in sulfur like asparagus, cabbage, garlic and onions which may help in repairing cartilage and bones. It also includes fish oil and flax (Omega-3 fatty acids), Borage (Omega-6 fatty acids) that can help reduce inflammation.
- Vitamins including antioxidants such as vitamin E, C, A, selenium, and zinc because we no longer get the optimal quantities of our daily diet to combat free radical attacks the joints.
- Exercise-useful in helping to reduce stiffness and maintain optimal weight to help ease pressure on those joints weight effect.
- Celery seed-this wonderful natural spices contain anti-inflammatory compounds nearly twenty known to reduce inflammation.
- Glucosamine supplement-cut joints necessary material that helps to alleviate the stiffness.
- Chondroitin supplement-the body stops producing the chrondositis which helps maintain healthy joints.
Insert these weapons (natural) is a biochemical on the battlefield, 7, will be the fight against arthritis far more attainable-naturally.